Thursday, April 4, 2013

Share and Fare

The other day, I talked to a group of ladies from the Home and Community Section of Family and Consumer Sciences about the history of James County.

 
I had not done this of any consequence before and I was quite intimidated. But, all turned out well. Everyone seemed very interested and learned some things that they may not have previously known.  Ultimately, that is my goal.: to have people walking out of the meeting more informed than when they entered.
 
There is so much to learn. The history of James County is not a widely publicized topic.  Most people have never heard of James County. And yet, the history of this area is very turbulent which makes it very interesting. Thanks to the James County Historical Society for allowing me the privilege of sharing the history of "Tennessee's Lost County."
 
Thanks also to the Home and Community Section of Family and Consumer Sciences for allowing me to speak and enjoy the lovely lunch afterwards. I also had the pleasure of  speaking with everyone about their experiences and answering their questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment